Sunday, November 18, 2012

19 months later...

Where have a I been the last year and a half?

Changing. Growing.

A year and a half ago I was on the search for my first teaching job. That journey began. That journey eneded. Many of you know of my incredibly stressful first year of teaching and some of you know why I'm no longer there. It was a year of wonder, stress, soul searching, aches, pains, joys, sorrows, and learning. I'm not the same person I was a year and a half ago.

I still want to teach.

I still want to help children learn.

I still want to make a difference.

I don't know where that will be. I don't know when that will be. And I don't know what my future holds.

Not knowing the future has been a challenge for me. My whole life I have always known what the next step was going to be. I'm a planner. I had a perfect plan for everything. Up until last year, everything fell perfectly into place.

The plan: Graduate high school. Attend Richland. Transfer to the University of North Texas and live in Denton. Move back home. Student teach. Graduate. Teach. Continue life independently.

Well, all those things happened in perfect timing and at the exact right placement...except for the teaching part. Long story short, I'm again searching for a job and have some promising things happening, but I must have faith that it will all work out. I have to have hope that I'll find the right fit. I have to continue believing that teaching really is what I'm called to do.

I'm eagerly waiting to transition from this state of working three jobs, not knowing what each week holds, and having stability.

My current plan: Wait. Have faith. That's all I can do.

0 comments: