Sunday, August 22, 2010

Nickel

I don't wear earrings often because I am allergic to nickel, which most earrings contain. It's pretty much the only thing known that I am allergic to. My ears get itchy and hurt after less than an hour of wearing most earrings so I typically choose to go without them. A while back I was told to put neosporin on the stem of the earring, then place in my ear and they would no longer bother me. This morning I decided to try it out and it works! I've never worn these earrings before so I don't know how I would normally react to this pair. I'll have to try it out on a pair that I know give me irritation. I am pleased with the results.

2 comments:

teddi said...

Woohoo! I love finding remedies for things :) I wonder if apple cider vinegar would work :)

Kaitlin said...

Interesting thought. Don't know if it would coat it like the neosporin and stay there, but it's always worth a shot. I'll bet it would help my ear if it's already irritated though.